Sunday 13 September 2015

Pre-Him

I had been single for almost a year. My previous relationship, with B, had ended when he broke up with me in a text message. We met online and he was a sweet, caring, country music loving man. We moved in together after 8 months. We bought furniture together, we bought a dog together. Things were moving towards marriage, at least so I thought. He ended thins 10 months later while I was at work. 

I was devastated by the break up and spent the next 
year getting my life back together. 1000 km from home and refusing to run back with my tail between my legs I figured it out. Housing, different job and pulling myself together with little local support. I ended up moving into a one bedroom basement suite in a less than desirable neighborhood in north Edmonton. I could afford it and they allowed dogs so I took it. I had a bought a car with B.  when we moved in together and was fighting to keep it, the one thing I had left to prove to the world I wasn't a complete loser, I had a new-ish car. During this year, it was suggested by my Christian friends, R. and B., to make a list of the qualities I wanted in a man. I dug deep, the list was a page typed and included that he must love dogs as my dog was one of the most if not the most important things in my life. He gave me a reason to get out of bed, he cuddled and consoled me when I cried

No comments:

Post a Comment