Friday 9 September 2016

Let the Adventures Begin!

I sold my wedding ring this past Saturday. I thought I would have more of an emotional response than I did. I was cool as a cucumber and I was a bit shocked by this. I loved that ring (heck, I picked it out) but I didn't love what it represented. I didn't get exactly what I had hoped for but it will cover a portion of my divorce costs. 

I also received notification that stage one of my divorce has been filed and received stage two in the mail (which means I have to serve him the documents). I'm holding off on serving him until I send him the documents to sign over the business. In the event he doesn't agree to sign in I'll have the process server get a signature from him while he signs the divorce papers. The best part of this all, I found out they typically try to serve people while they're at work (less likely to make a scene or turn violent). Not that I want to embarrass him on purpose but he'll lose his mind when this happens. I am counting on an anger email shortly after it. Is it wrong that I'm a little excited about this? In a sick and twisted way? 
A few photos from hiking on the Island

This past Sunday I went on a camping trip with a friend of mine on Vancouver Island. I hadn't gone camping in nearly seven years. It was an adventure (which I really needed) and so beautiful. Thankfully I wasn't eaten by a cougar or bear. 

My dog was too tired to be social but wanted to ensure I hadn't left the campsite
I am really enjoying the freedom this new life is bringing me. It got me even more excited for my trip to Nashville later this fall. I no longer have someone controlling my time or money. 

Leave a comment if you'd like me to include photos with my blog posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment