Monday 21 March 2016

Questions and Answers

I (as the type A people pleasing person I am) asked my older sister to answer the questions my counselor suggested. She was brutally honest and almost to the point of the "I told you so" attitude. I will say that out of my sisters I am the more sensitive and thoughtful one. My older sister is the stable and self-assured one and my younger sister is... well let's just say she has an artistic temperament.  

She later apologized on the phone because she felt like she was a bit too blunt. I assured her that it was okay; that I didn't want it to be "sugar-coated". 

I made plans with a friend of mine to have breakfast this Saturday and I'll be asking her the same questions. I'm really afraid I will actually get an "I told you so" so I know that I need to be very clear at the beginning what I'm looking for so I can avoid the potentially hurtful situation. 

After two months of training for my half marathon my adrenals are shot. My anxiety is high and I feel like I'm constantly trembling. I felt this coming for the last week or two but I've been in denial. After much research I've learned that I am unable to continue running. I've also decided to shut off the computer and Iphone by 9:00pm and shot to be asleep by 9:30pm. I also have a list of herb and suppliments to try and heal all the damage done. Said damage was caused by extended periods of time where my adrenal glands were on overdrive producing that "flight or flight" hormones. I have yet to stick to the no electronics by 9:00pm. I will say that I have really tried to focus on going to sleep earlier and not staying up late on Friday nights. 

I bought a activity tracker with a heart rate monitor. I did some research and found that if you have moderate to severe adrenal fatigue you should not allow your heart rate to go above 90 bpm until my adrenals recover. This means no running, no exercise that gets me sweating it seems. I've done two days of yoga and have yet to get on the yoga bandwagon but if it means I'll recover faster than I guess I can continue with it for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment