Saturday 7 November 2015

Date Night

I planned a little date with myself this afternoon, movies then supper. I sat in the movie theater and thought about another time sitting in that theater. It was last July, my Mum had called me a day or two after the first time I called the police on him. I had called my older sister as I sat in a school yard a block from the house as I waited for him to leave for work after the police left. I finally told her what was going on. She must have then told my Mum who then called me. I remember taking the call and knowing what it was about. I left the theater and went to the ladies room to talk. I remember crying on the phone and going back to theater and telling him my Mum had told me a friend was sick and thus the tears. 

My family most likely waited and prayed for me to leave him. I of course had to come to the conclusion on my own. They didn't force it because they knew it would create distance and resentment.

I didn't end up going for supper so I would have an activity for tomorrow. I'm really trying to make a point to leave the house on the weekends. To get out and make myself happy. I bought a clock instead of lunch. 

Last nights date night was a trip to Walmart. I giggled to myself as I got ready to leave. "Do I put real pants on or stay in my yoga gear?" Clearly I didn't get "all dressed up" to go to Walmart by putting on real pants. I know what you're thinking... The exciting life of a newly single gal. I feel like most people in my situation would be out painting the town red, hitting up bars and drinking copious amounts of alcohol. I however do not want a rebound or to numb the pain with alcohol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment